~oOo~

2009-12-17

prepare the fatted (vegetarian) calf


I'm gonna let Hanna make this announcement in her own way.

Please think of her around 1:00pm this afternoon, when she will be presenting her thesis, Tiocfaidh ár lá!: Irish Republican Nationalism from Bobby Sands to the United Irishman, 1981-1899, at the History Colloquium as the final requirement of the dual-degree program.

You've done amazing work, love. Yes, there were a couple of moments when I thought you might possibly drive me to wailing and gnashing of teeth in exasperation -- possibly a fleeting thought around 4pm on Monday afternoon about the pleasures of bloodying my forehead against the doorjamb -- but mostly it seemed important just to step out of your way and let you get on with what you had to say.

I stand in awe at the depth and breadth of your knowledge and I'm looking forward, in full faith and anticipation, to whatever projects you choose to take on next.

No comments:

Post a Comment