~oOo~

2008-09-12

Quote of the Week: Politics & Privacy


From this week's RhReality Podcast, hosted by Amanda Marcotte:

I can't reiterate enough---every single person declaring that the Palin family deserves privacy on this needs to answer for the privacy of all other women in this country. Do I have privacy? Do I get a right to make my own decisions about my body away from the prying eyes and grabby hands of right wingers? Anyone who supports restrictions on women's access to birth control and abortion has forsaken the right to hide behind privacy on this. I'm sorry, but that's how it is. Anything short of that is saying that people in power have privacy and rights, but the rest of us don't, which is un-American.
I really have nothing more to add, except go listen to the podcast, which is excellent as always.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! Sorry...just stumbled upon this and had to comment. :)

    ReplyDelete